Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Links

I've been hoarding a ton of great articles in my inbox to share on here.

Here is a story about conjoined twins.  The thing that stands out for these two are that they share a thought process but are indeed two different people.  Basically, it'd be like having someone else in your head all the time, sharing your thoughts. So many thoughts on this...

Could Conjoined Twins Share a Mind?

I'm positive my mom would cringe at the thought of what I'm about to tell you. I get rid Lilli's art on a regular basis.  I try to keep one or two parts of her paintings (which I cut up and send out as birthday cards to our family and close friends), I regularly go through her tubs of "mail" and toss away the little pieces of paper she collects.  I toss old coloring books, pictures of kitties and puppies, cards, pieces of mail that somehow made their way back out of the trashcan.  My mom has kept almost all of our art. She has an entire basement filled with our old toys, photos, homework, video games (you name it, it's there).  I call it the Museum of us.  There were 5 of us that grew up (or are still growing up) in that house and if you were to ever visit, you'd see the history of each of our childhoods mashed together.

I appreciate my mom's dedication to reliving our childhoods well into her old age, when the memories become fuzzy. It's just not me. I've moved around a lot, purged my way through what had made it through college.  I don't think about those things anymore, just the memories that went with them. Maybe because I write, I feel less need to hang on to the material stuff that comes along with life.  Hopefully, Lilli won't hate me for it.  If she does, I'll send her to grandma's house.

Recycloflage

And one more... Just cause it's summer

S'mores Recipes!